Friday 27 July 2012

PhysiBall

On Wednesday I ran the first PhysiBall class in our local Church Hall. Five 4 year olds and a 2 year old participated in mad bean-bag-parachute-ball fun. Being the first time with new equipment and kids - it was various degrees of mayhem - but I loved every minute! I loved facilitating movement and fun and being challenged to come up with more activities than I had planned for those smiling faces.


It convinced me that I want to be doing this very thing in this very hall or venues like it. Running PhysiBall is the most fun I have had professionally for a very long time! And even though my son was rather the chatterbox and fairly disruptive throughout I was so glad to be providing him with an exercise opportunity - a really positive life skill - and it made me feel like a good parent.


I am so grateful to my friends who came along to support us, Karen and Marzanne with their kids. These things are always difficult to get off the ground and the loyal support of friends is invaluable for encouragement and motivation. Thank you!


I am also grateful to my parents who provided the babysitting of Adam and ball pumping pairs of hands. To have you here in London is such a tremendous blessing and makes things like this possible for me, I cannot thank you enough.


I can't wait for next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment